These look good enough to eat!
One for the #recipe file.
Edgar's chicken, bacon and leek pie.
Chicken, bacon and leek pie.
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
1 leek, thinly sliced
6 rashers bacon, chopped
600g skinless chicken thigh fillet, diced
2 big sprigs of fresh tarragon, can also use italian parsley with the tarragon.
½ cup plain flour
375ml chicken stock
For the pie filling
1. Place butter and olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add leek and cook until softened,
about 2 minutes.
2. Add bacon and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken and tarragon and continue cooking until chicken is just cooked through, about
another 5 minutes.
4. Add flour to pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add chicken stock and bring
to a simmer, stirring continuously until sauce has thickened.
5. Season. Set aside to cool.
6. Roll dough out on a clean, lined bench to 2mm thickness and cut 6 circles of pastry to fit 7.5cm
base pie tins. Spoon filling into cases and cover with another layer of pastry.
7. Crimp the edges of the pie and place in the oven to bake until pastry is golden and crisp and
filling is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
Butter Pie Crust
Author: Bakepedia, recipe by Dede Wilson
For a Double Crust:
• 2½ cups all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup (2 sticks) very cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
• 4 to 6 tablespoons ice cold water (or more or less as needed)