Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pear Cake Tosca Recipe

This was sent to me by my sister some time back. Since it is now autumn and that means pear season I thought I should put it somewhere I can share.


Helen's Daniel's Pear Tosca Cake


7tbs butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 teasp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
200 mls milk
3-4 pears, peeled and cut into slices and arranged on bottom of 9 inch spring pan ( greased and floured)



Topping:
9 tbs butter
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablesp. flour
3 tablesp milk
100 grams sliced almonds

Melt the butter.
Beat eggs and sugar on high speed for 3-5 mins.
Sift flour and baking powder.
Add milk to melted butter and add vanilla.
When egg and sugar is thick and creamy, add milk mixture making sure you turn mixer down to low first.
Add flour and mix until just incorporated.and pour over pear slices.
Bake in 175C for about 25 mins.
I use convection.



Meanwhile,
Place butter in saucepan and melt, add sugar, stir then add almond slices. Cook, stirring occasionally on medium heat until butter starts to brown, add flour, stir and pour in milk, stir.
Cook for extra couple of minutes until thickened but not too coloured.

Take cake out of oven after 25 mins and carefully spread topping.
Turn oven up to 180 and return cake for extra 20 mins.



Note, I found doing the topping and allowing it to cool a bit made it easier to handle.
First time I made this, topping was very hot and bubbling and sank into cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment